Monday, May 13, 2013

Showered with Love

Whew!  What a whirlwind the last few weeks have been.  So very many wonderful things have happened it will take me a few posts to update for sure!  To start the festivities my family, spread coast to coast, was able to convene in the same place, at the same time, for a miraculous "perfect storm" of family love.  It was wonderful to be all together and not missing anyone, well, except my poor husband who has limited vacation.  During our reunion I was blessed to have not one, but two baby showers!  The first took place in my hometown and hosted by a dear, dear friend.
It was so wonderful to share this event with many other friends who have been a part of my life for a long, long time

I received many wonderful and thoughtful baby gifts, including some very fancy sparkle shoes, which are a necesity for any girl.
And, of course, the most important part of any baby shower, the cake!

Oh boy (or girl, rather!) this cake was both delicious AND beautiful!!

During the rest of the time we spent in our hometown we enjoyed visiting family,
4 generations
and eating at all my local favorites that I have been craving during the past 7 months!  No worrying about not gaining enough weight during this week! Oh, it was glorious.  After a too short visit we headed north to complete our "reunion" with the rest of the family.  I had another beautiful shower hosted by my Tantie (aunt) and her daughter.  This was wonderful because almost all of Eric's family were able to attend along with my family.  Again, the food was the highlight for me!

I mean, "Come on!"

Made by my talented cousin, Kaylee
No baby shower would be complete without some games.  The most creative of the weekend was entitled "Kim, Kate, Or Cath"  (referring to Kim Kardashian and Kate Middleton, who also happen to be expecting in July)  A statement was read and the game was to decide who it applied to, very funny and creative!
And, of course many other wonderful and generous gifts
Including her first Packers attire!

I'm so lucky to be part of such a great family, both blood and aquired through marriage!

It is such a rare opportuntity to spend more than a few hours or night with this side of the family, we really enjoyed ourselves.  Discovering that genetics is often humorous,
how wonderful Tanties are to play with,

And that no matter how long it has been since you've seen your cousins (or even that you have no recollection of meeting them before!) it's a special relationship that can be picked up where you left off

Most importantly, my belief that my life and lap is happiest when filled with nephews, was reinforced
There's plenty of room to add their cousin!

No comments:

Post a Comment