Thursday, January 23, 2014

Christmas wrap-up

Alright, well, I'm behind in updates to say the least.  We have been insanely busy the past month though, in my defense!  Anyways, Christmas... Christmas was so incredibly wonderful.  Here are some highlights.  My Dad was here to celebrate with us and it was great having him here.  He got lots of baby snuggle time and even proved to be quite adept at babysitting!
We spent Christmas Eve with our dear friends and enjoyed some great company and appetizers.  They were overly generous with baby gifts and Annalise got to get in some practice before the big event.


We came home and read "Twas the Night Before Christmas" before bedtime, hopefully the first of many Christmas Eve readings. 
Christmas morning came and I think I was most excited, even telling Eric it was time to wake up and open presents!  We started with stockings, of course. 
 Then moved on to the main event
Just began sitting unassisted right in time!

Put-out because she no-longer got to assist in all the gift unwrapping
We took a break halfway through for a baby nap and to eat the most amazing french toast casserole I've ever had.  I mean it, it was insanely delicious.  Here is the recipe.  We attacked it so quickly I didn't think to take a picture, it was beautiful though.  I used challah bread instead of sourdough, made it the night before then popped in the oven.  Super easy but incredibly delicious.  The leftovers heated well too.  Warning, this is a "once in a while" delectable treat, but totally worth the sugar and calories!  Our present-opening resumed post nap and sugar coma. 


Antique (100+ year old) doll passed down from Great-Grandma Vera

The aftermath


It was truly a the best Christmas yet but also just a taste of the years of wonderful Christmases ahead.  Stay tuned for a continuation of our busy month, including a visit from Mummu and Papa, half-birthday, and our first plane ride to the magical land of NJ! 


2 comments:

  1. That french toast thing looks incredible! It may have to make my next lazy Saturday morning agenda. We loved having you here, and the boys are still talking about Baby Annalise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really was the best I've had, and I've made a couple other french toast casseroles. And it MAYBE took 10 min of prep the night before. Don't panic if it puffs up really high (could be an altitude issue), it'll settle during cooling. The leftovers are amazing too, not gonna lie, I had it for lunch a couple times!

    ReplyDelete