Wednesday, May 23, 2012

3 reasons for happiness today

1.  I recently  made the decision to let my boss know that I was interested in moving to day shift if something opened up on the rehab units.  While I really like the differential that night shift provides I was starting to feel like I needed more of a challenge and would like the opportunity to not be tired all the time and have a (somewhat) normal schedule.  Within a week of that discussion a spot opened up and my boss also shared that she would like to train me as day charge nurse.  While I have technically been charge on night shift from time to time it is more of a "in case you-know-what hits the fan, you are the only RN on staff" title.  Day charge is definitely more of a challenge and you kind of run the show.  I am nervous but excited to make this advancement in my career.  I have also been very humbled by the positive feedback I have been getting from my co-workers reactions to the change.  So, on June 1st the transition begins!

2.  The hubster also got a new position/promotion at work that involves supervising others and the receiving in the warehouse!  He just started this new role yesterday and already seems happier.  He also starts back to school next week to complete his degree.   The "Back to school, back to school" tune from Billy Madison has been playing on repeat in my head!

3.  My sister-in-law graduates Nursing School today!  I am so excited for her and I know first hand how difficult the last 2 years have been and she has handled it all with flying colors (and a 4.0)  Hooray for Jube! We are super proud of you! 

So things are feeling pretty good in our life, plus it is (pretty much) summer!  And I have a bike! We are planning a bike excursion to one of our local and amazing breweries this weekend for a small batch festival.  Let the summer fun commence!

No comments:

Post a Comment