Monday, May 14, 2012

Mommy Time

My wonderful visit with my Mom and Mike just came to a close this morning as they headed back to Canada.  Sad day.  But this was the most time that I have spent with my Mom since she moved to Canada 13 years ago, so it was pretty great.  Here are some of the highlights.

We had a hike together, though didn't hike as much as I thought we would due to weather and my work schedule.
Cassidy was in dog heaven since her Mummu and Papa Mike took her on lots of extra dog walks.   And Stella enjoyed lounging on the made up futon and having extra heads to sleep on.
We had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend and made a trip to the Denver Zoo.
Then Sunday we made some special meals then shared our Finnish heritage and made coffee bread together


It was a really great visit and I look forward to many more extended visits now that they live the retired life.  My Mom is pretty great, I mean who else would pin your animals down to trace their paws on your birthday card?
Happy Mothers Day to all the special Moms in my life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment