Friday, September 21, 2012

New Jersey Recap

Five lovely nephew-filled days!  Oh, and brother, sister-in-law, and Father filled as well (I promise I love you guys just as much!)  We had a great time and I am always so impressed with all the new tricks the boys have learned as well as how they are developing in to such unique and special humans. 

Day one we arrived and enjoyed some quality time reacquainting, it didn't take long!


I totally got beat by a 5 year old
We enjoyed some of my brothers delicious grilled pizza as I complained about sustaining a mosquito bite within 1 hour of arrival (I had not gotten a single one this summer, reason # 503 that I love CO) but I agreed that I would take being snacked on over ridiculous humidity, and the weather was perfect.  Can't win 'em all.  (Speaking of winning, I did get to watch my Green Bay Packers beat the Bears while in the company of this Bears fan family!)

The next day Nephew the First had to go to school so we enjoyed a day of shopping at the great outlets they have close by as well as a delightful lunch out.  Then, my sister-in-law and I ditched the boys to continue my quest for dress to wear to an upcoming wedding (and we were successful, I love shopping with her!).  It also happened to be 1st Nephew's 1/2 birthday (yes, we are one of those families) so we celebrated accordingly:
We rode bikes

Had a half-cake

Gave Tantie snuggles

And got a totally awesome gift from his parents
Half birthdays are great! 

As we entered the weekend we continued to spend wonderful quality time together which included lots of bike rides, book reading, and beer drinking (that was with my brother of course, not the nephews).  We spent Saturday evening in a lovely town called New Hope, PA.  There actually were two cute little towns separated by the Delaware river and you could cross a bridge between them, we chose to spend our time on the PA side. 



We found a delightful brewpub called Triumph brewing that not only had very solid, delicious beer, but their food was really yummy too, even better when we learned that 90% of the ingredients used were from local suppliers.  My kind of place!!  We also found an amazing gourmet caramel corn shop that made some creative and delicious concoctions.  I was definitely charmed by this little town and hope to return.  The night ended with some euchre and and lots of laughter. 

We wrapped up our trip by learning the family secret to my Grandma's salsa.  I have never witnessed canning before so was very pleased to learn this dying art.


And, it being Sunday and all, we got some football-watching in
It was a lovely visit and, as always, too short.  I cherish these times and love hearing the name "Tantie" from these sweet boys who I love so much.  I learned that my lap is happiest when overflowing with nephews


2 comments:

  1. We so loved having you here! Also, this was delightfully written. Miss you already and can't wait to see you in Tuscan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A delightful time, indeed. Love you.

    ReplyDelete