Sunday, February 3, 2013

Happy Super Bowl

Well here we are at Super Bowl Sunday yet again.  To be honest we really don't care too much about the game this year considering both the Packers and the Broncos blew it in the playoffs, sad face.  The Puppy Bowl is fun though!  This year there are hedgehog cheerleaders and hamsters doing the aerial coverage!  Oh, and I'm 18 weeks,
18 weeks
I promise that is a baby bump, I'm not just getting fat, although honestly, that is how it mostly feels.  I have yet to experience the blissful second trimester, which I am now convinced is a myth.  There have been some improvements, I am not ridiculously exhausted all the time and my skin doesn't look like that of a hormonal 15 year old  anymore.  The nausea and vomitting are still a part of everyday life, but, either there is a slight improvement or I am just used to it.  Either way I have a least stopped losing weight and it is now Girl Scout cookie season, and those mostly always sound good!  Food continues to be a source of anxiety as I never know what will sound good from day to day.  Much to my husbands dismay, pregnancy has caused me to trend towards vegetarianism and I often run to the bathroom if he chooses the wrong thing to heat up for dinner; my bloodhound sense of smell is bizarre.  I started feeling the first tiny baby flutters (technically it's called quickening but since I'm not an OB nurse I'll call it whatever I want) which is both weird and wonderful.  A couple more weeks until we find out gender, then I think we can really start planning and preparing.  In the meantime I'll keep hoping that the elusive fantasy land of the second trimester decides to make an appearance. 



2 comments:

  1. I am Loving that little tummy - and what's in it! Happy Super Bowling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are gorgeous and only going to get more so. Can't wait for our little family reunion in April.

    ReplyDelete