Thursday, July 11, 2013

Introducing.....

Annalise Vera!!! 

7lbs on the dot and 20 inches long, born on the 4th of July!!  She'll probably think all birthdays are celebrated with fireworks, parades, and cookouts for the first few years but at least she'll always have a celebration. 


Her arrival was less than...smooth, shall we say.  While I was never going to write a birthplan (fir this reason specifically!) I definitely was well-informed and had opinions on how I wanted this experience to go.  But, as I was reminded by many of the nurses I encountred, us nurses often fall victim to "The Nurse Curse" when it comes to having our own babies.  I'd say I got a full dose of that sucker!  I do really want to share my story as I think is important to debrief these big events in our life, even the tough stuff.  However, I'm going to  let those darn birth hormones level out a bit as I find even looking at the photos and remembering the details to be extremely emotional.  So, give me a few days but I promise I have a lot to say!  The most important detail of the story is that we are both safe, home, and adjusting to our new, wonderful, terrifying, amazing life.  I am already so overwhelmed with gratitude and amazement that I get to be this little girl's Mommy.

 

1 comment:

  1. Well said. I look forward to lots of posts about the Franecki Family!

    ReplyDelete