Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter!

Happy Easter!  I hope you all enjoyed your day.  We certainly did.  The weather has finally decided to consistently give us beautiful Spring days.  Luckily Eric and I both have 3 glorious days off AT THE SAME TIME.  Its and Easter miracle, really.  So we have been enjoying our backyard and orienting A to the grass, something she wasn't so sure of at first. 



Notice how her hands are raised in each picture?  Her desire to be mobile finally trumped scary grass yesterday and she was quickly crawling around outside as she does in.  I'm just so excited to have the nice, baby-friendly weather back.  I have lofty goals of frequent park visits, hikes, and general outdoorsy fun this summer. 

We recently visited the Easter bunny, as I suspected, it did not go so well. But, hey, can you blame her  Even as easy-going as she is, the Easter Bunny is pretty scary!  Especially this slouchy one.  So, Mommy had to get her picture taken too.  Even though this pic is blurry, it gives a good gist of how she felt in regards to the rabbit




She did become resigned quickly and we got a decent photo.  When she gets a little older I'll remind her that the person under the costume isn't really scary at all
Circa 2006
Here are some more photos of her sweet Easter Dress


Easter morning dawned sunny and beautiful, although we didn't know it right away since it was 5am when Annalise decided to start her day!  This early awakening sunk our plans to attend church since she was in desperate need of a good nap.  But we did enjoy watching her with her basket

Just wait, those plastic eggs will be SO much more fun when there are treats inside!

We had a lovely dinner with some friends, I stopped taking pictures though.  I did dye Easter eggs this year, it will be way more fun when my daughter can participate, pretty anticlimactic when done alone!

I hope everyone had as splendid a day as we did!  Oh, I almost forgot, I also won the round of Settlers of Catan that we played!  And it was only my second time, yay me!  Ok, now we are going to get outside and enjoy the day!

1 comment: