Monday, August 6, 2012

Why Today is a Not-So-Good Day x 5

I think I was destined to have a bad day.  It started out all wrong and here's why:

1.  I had one of those night where you wake up every hour thinking it's almost time to get up but really it's 1am, then you feel relieved and go back to sleep only to repeat at each hour.
 
2.  I got up feeling OK considering the broken sleep and got ready for work.  As I head out to my car I realize I have no keys and had locked the door behind me.  Very sad.  So I had to get creative, I won't include the details for obvious reasons but it ended in a very wet scrub top and a confused look from the dog.
 
3.  Which brings me, surprisingly only 10 minutes late, to work. My unit is pretty stable at the moment so it was going pretty good for awhile.  But, one of my rehab patients turned hospice patients is on the downward end and I'm having some ethical dilemmas go on in my head.  I just want her to by feisty again.  There really isn't anything truly ethically wrong happening, I am just struggling with my own nursing role in the process.  I'm really not cut out to be a Hospice nurse.

4.  I get home to dog diarrhea on the carpet.  Blech.  Why is it that I can handle any form of poop, vomit, wound exudate, etc that comes out of my patients but have an immediate gag response to picking dog poo off my carpet?

5.  I finally get to change in to comfy clothes.  I go to grab a pair of comfy yoga-type pants from the bottom of my laundry pile and the elastic draw string is stuck under something else, which, it being elastic and all, extends then breaks free and hits me right in the eye with the metal thingy at the end.  Hey, don't think I'm being over dramatic, it hurt my eyeball!

So now, I'm having ice cream.  So take that very bad day. 

1 comment:

  1. Ice cream sounds like the perfect ending for your day. Sorry it was suck.

    ReplyDelete