Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Valentine-y Day

Happy Day after Valentine's Day!  I hope your was filled with love.  Let me start by saying I have never been a large fan of this holiday.  I figure we should be telling those we love how we feel more often than one day a year.  Plus restaurants are crazy crowded and flowers WAY too expensive on this day, I would rather be surprised on a random Monday in April with flowers "just because" rather than because society dictates such.  All that being said, we were pretty cliche this year...
I must be honest that this was my very first box of Valentine chocolates given to me by someone other than my mom.  And they were ALL truffles!  No weird coconut, maple, or peanut clusters to sort through.  AND they were a surprise by my pillow when I woke up.  I got a little sappy.  We had to scrimp and save the past couple years while I was in Nursing school and have made some pretty big decisions lately, so it was nice to splurge a little.

A more appropriate meaning of Valentine's Day to me is an excuse to make a fancy dinner (still cheaper than going out I might interject).  I think this year definitely tops the list.
 It was pretty delicious, and fun to give Eric his 1st crab tutorial.  He got the hang of it
I'm sending out warm loving hugs to all of you spread from coast to coast and hope your Valentine's was just how you wanted it.  I know I'm feeling pretty lucky (And those flowers in April could help too).

No comments:

Post a Comment