Saturday, February 18, 2012

When Dreams Collide

Don't you just love stress dreams?  They can either make we wake up in a panic of "Oh my God did I really forget to do that?!" or "Wait, I AM wearing clothes!".  The typical stress dream for me has obviously changed over the years from elementary school era,  which were rampant with the "forgot clothes today" dreams, to high school  angst of not making it in time for tests or boyfriend drama.  And, of course, the college course that you didn't realize you were signed up for until finals time.  As I entered the work force I had the worst of stress dreams, probably because my job working with traumatized and abused children was incredibly stressful on its own.  Now, Nursing has created a whole new slew of fun dreaming topics.  Mostly my brain just continues like it's at work as I process through my shift, sometimes I wake up with "Oh crap!  I forgot to chart about that high BP!".  But mostly it's nothing (thankfully) too traumatic.  This morning (afternoon, dang night shifts) went something like this...

Me and the very large main character from The Blind Side (??, haven't watched this one recently) are driving to high school.  We stop to pick up my good buddy because she just got her learner's permit, so she can drive to school with me that day (because, you know, I'm 28!).  We search and search for a parking spot (at my high school we weren't fortunate enough to have a student parking lot) and realize we are (*shriek*) running late.  We finally acquire a spot blocks away and run through the front door.  We are greeted by another friend who says to me "Good thing you're here!  Mr Old Band Teacher is already fussing about having you flush Mr So-and-so's PICC line!". 

Then I woke up laughing. 

1 comment:

  1. It's fun to wake of laughing - better than screaming.

    ReplyDelete